Sunday, May 25, 2008

What's Going On

From June 1st through November 4th, I'll be taking a leave-of-absence from St. Olaf to attend Christ College in Bangalore, India. The campus is home to over 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students from every state of India. Although this program is not conducted through St. Olaf, I'm not going alone. I'll be attending the college and sharing an apartment with my close friend Joey Fleming (a fellow St. Olaf student). Our apartment is about a 15 minute auto-rickshaw ride from campus. Auto-rickshaw is the main mode of transportation in Bangalore; you can see a photo here.

As noted, I'll be done with school on November 4th, but I might not come home right away. I may continue traveling in India or the neighboring country of Bangladesh.

I assume that I'll be pretty enveloped by everything while I'm gone, so I'm not counting on having plenty of free time to write home to everyone individually. I created this blog to keep you updated. If you'd like to receive e-mail notifications that alert you when I post, please email me at robia@stolaf.edu and I'll add you to my mailing list.

My contact information is at the bottom of the right-hand column. The phone number listed was the number provided to me by the program I'm traveling through. I don't know if it's my apartment number or some office number, but I'll let you know when I find out. I'll also get a cell phone when I arrive. We can have voice and/or video conversations for free using Skype. If you don't have Skype, you can download it here. My Skype name is "mr.robia".

I'd love to hear from you while I'm gone. In addition to the any of the listed means of contact, you can comment specifically on any of my posts. Your comments are not displayed publicly.

No comments: